Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis also called as degenerative arthritis or degenerative joint disease. This is one of the common forms of arthritis, nothing but a degenerative joint disease which affects any joint in your body, along with your hips.
Osteoarthritis is of two types, they are:
- Primary: In primary stage osteoarthritis affects the spine, fingers, knees, thumbs and hips.
- Secondary: In secondary stage osteoarthritis occurs after injury or inflammation in a joint or result in affecting the composition of cartilage known as hemochromatosis.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis are gradually developed. Initially there may be soreness, seems like a nuisance. Common symptoms are as follows
- Earliest symptoms of osteoarthritis are stiffness in your thighs, buttocks and hips.
- Osteoarthritis may affect small finger joints, ankle, neck, big toe and base of thumb.
- Severe osteoarthritis affected people feel difficult to walk, sleep, and climb stairs or perform other daily tasks.
- Occurrence of cracking sensation, swelling and tenderness around the joint.
The main goal of osteoarthritis treatment is to improve the person’s lifestyle and mobility. Half part of this goal involves in controlling the joint pain and improves in maintaining proper function of the joint. If pain is frequent and severe, surgery may be considered.
Osteoarthritis Treatment Guidelines for early stages are as follows:
- Losing excess weight
- Resting and taking care of joints
- To control pain using non-drug pain relief techniques
- Regular exercise like water aerobics, swimming or cycling keeps your joints working properly and improves its strength.
- Providing rest to your joint from overuse.
- Having enough sleep to each night.
Dr Niraj L Vora is one of the best joint replacement surgeons in Mumbai. One of his specializations is hip resurfing. To know more information about Osteoarthritis related problems and treatments, please visit to @ http://www.drnirajvora.com/hip-replacement.html.