While the knee plays a pivotal role in body movements like walking, jumping and running, putting excess strain can cause damage to the knee says Dr Niraj Vora, the Best Knee Surgeon in Mumbai. Constant pressure can cause a bad knee when it is unable to bear too much strain, but there are exercises for your bad knee that can help strengthen the bones and the ligaments of the knee so that you are able to recover and perform the movements to the best of your ability.
- Stretching the Calf Muscles- This exercise can help alleviate the pain as well as to prevent any injury. It can also help you to recover early after a Knee Replacement.
- Stretching the Hamstring- This exercise will help your knee to be more flexible and improve upon the range of motions that you have to undergo. Hamstring stretch can be especially helpful after knee surgery, according to specialists in Knee Replacement Surgery Mumbai.
- Squeezing the Pillow- The inside area of your legs is strengthened to provide adequate support to the knees when you perform the Squeeze the Pillow exercise.
- Raising the legs- Raising the legs, one by one will help to provide more strength to your knees. You can perform this exercise by raising your legs straight and then sideways.
- Standing after Sitting- If your daily activity requires you to stand for long hours, this exercise can help to improve the body balance. It requires you to sit on a chair and then gradually stand up, repeating the action for about 5 minutes.
- Step Ups- Perform this Step Up exercise while climbing the stairs to provide your knees full support and to strengthen your legs.
- Swimming and Walking- Swimming and walking can help you burn the calories to prevent excess strain on the knees. Other low impact exercises for helping you improve upon your motion include water aerobics and biking.
According to the opinions of eminent Knee Surgeons In India, if your target is to perform these exercises for half an hour each day, you should start with performing them for about 10 minutes and then gradually increase the time. Dr. Niraj Vora is the Best Knee Replacement Surgeon in Mumbai who is available for consultation for providing you with advice on these exercises. You can seek an appointment through visiting http://www.drnirajvora.com/